A little index before we start
- How To Create a Facebook Page
- Why Should You Create a Facebook Page?
- How To Create Facebook Page Objectives
- How To Set Up a Facebook Page
- Facebook Page Design
- Facebook Page Promotion
- Facebook Page Content Management
- Facebook Page Conversion
How To Create a Facebook Page
Unless you have been living under a rock, Facebook is one phenomenon that you couldn’t have escaped or even avoid, whatever may be your field of expertise. Best described as a global social media platform, Facebook is one of the many success stories attributed to the wide acceptance and proliferation of the Internet. And what could be a better way of proving this claim than to check statistics and realize that every individual spends a substantial amount of time using this platform on a daily basis?
There are several reasons as to why Facebook enjoys global appeal that is significantly higher than its counterparts in the virtual space, primary among them being the fact that its membership comes free of charge. Adding to this is the ease with which you can build a webpage on this platform – not only does it take fraction of time to add features as compared to traditional website design tools but it is equally simple to manage and advertise. The cherry on the pie is the exposure that your Facebook page would provide given the preference that it would enjoy with major search engines.
Why Should You Create a Facebook Page?
Working hard on your mailing list?
Good. But there’s a better alternative – Likes.
It is so much easier to get likes on your Facebook page than getting someone’s email. Yes, I know what you are thinking right now – sending email is so much better, who will see my page posts?
And wrong you are. A page can give you so much more:
- Facebook page results are indexed by search engines, as opposed to profile pages.
- Facebook page can post 10 or 20 times a day and no one will unsubscribe.
- Facebook page can be promoted.
- Facebook page posts can be boosted (promoted).
- Facebook page have lead campaigns.
- Facebook page can promote to specific audiences including email lists (“custom audience”).
- Facebook page likes ad campaigns are super cheap.
- Facebook page posts can be scheduled.
- Facebook page have a call to action button.
- Facebook page can make special time limited, amount limited offers.
- Facebook page gives’ you amazing insights on your followers.
- Facebook page can have a pinned post.
- Facebook page can have customized tabs.
- Facebook page can have contests.
- Facebook page costs $0 to start.
- Facebook page is not limited in size and it still costs $0.
- Facebook page can have different admin roles such as insight analysts, advertisers, moderators, content creators etc.
- Facebook page can spy on other pages through “Pages to Watch” feature.
- Facebook page can comment on other pages and by that increasing exposure to your brand (on pages liked by your page).
So creating a Facebook page can drive a ton of daily traffic to your website. And that’s a fact.
How To Create Facebook Page Objectives
On your part as an entrepreneur, following are some of the benefits that you stand to accrue from having launched a Facebook page for your business –
Increased traffic – Your Facebook page is akin to an online gateway wherein traffic is free to flow both ways. Therefore, in the absence of any restrictions to the quantum of traffic flowing back and forth from the pages, you can link this page with your website and re-direct visitors, thus building quality links in the process.
Improved SEO – Courtesy of the social search feature of search engines, content posted on social media platforms including Facebook is subject to being indexed. So all you need to do is ensure that the content on your Facebook page is relevant enough to be ranked by search engines and can boost your website’s ranking too.
Means of communication – Once you have a Facebook page dedicated to your business, it serves as a notice and discussion board wherein you can inform your target audience of the latest updates and also trigger a discussion pertaining to a particular product or service. Since it is free of charge, it is not just more effective in terms of reach but also financially, especially when compared to your own domain.
Brand loyalty – Given that interaction with the target audience forms a crucial part of marketing strategy your Facebook page is one of the best options to accomplish this objective. By posting regular updates and engaging the forum in some way or the other, you will have created for yourself a band of followers who would talk about your page and your product even though they may not make a purchase. You could use the Facebook page to establish new relationships, strengthen old ties and win over ‘brand evangelists’, all of which would reap rich rewards in the long run.
Easy analysis – Every Facebook page is equipped with tools which, on being utilized, reveal statistics and data related to your page. On your part, you can study these metrics and tweak your marketing strategy so as to improve results. Checking on these figures at regular intervals will also enable you to project your ROI over the next few months.
Keeping pace with friends and foes – Not only does a Facebook page enable you to convert fans into customers and vice versa but also keep pace with the latest happenings in the friendly camp as also that of the competition. From friends you could encourage positive feedback which in turn could help you to improve your product, service and business and by observing the competition you could learn a few effective tactics and implement them on your own Facebook page.
Now that you are aware of the multiple advantages of Facebook, it is time to learn how to build a Facebook page projecting your business and to this effect, following are the steps that you must implement in order to accrue long term benefits from this strategy –
How To Set Up a Facebook Page
If you are one of those who is an entrepreneur but is yet to build a Facebook page because of not knowing how to go about it, listed as follows are steps meant to help you get started –
- Create an account on Facebook and build a personal profile since this will be tied to your page when it comes up later.
- Next, you build a page reflecting your business and post content on it which is relevant to your niche. It is essential to use keywords related to your business as these can be intercepted by search engines and ensure that your page is indexed.
- Facebook allows you to customize your page by adding video, graphics, call-to-action box and so on. You also have the freedom of choosing a particular location or language as per your target audience.
- There is no restriction on the number of fans you can have for your page and this applies to the number of ‘likes’ too. Moreover, all Facebook pages are public wherein they can be viewed by any Internet user irrespective of whether or not they are logged into this social media website.
- It is possible to add administrative options so that your page will be managed and looked after by someone in your absence.
Once you are through with all these steps, it is just a matter of time before your page will be visible on the Internet and you can use it to communicate with your target audience.
How To Create a Facebook Page Design
Design is an aspect that could make or break your Facebook page and to this effect, following are some of the designing principles that you must implement to render your page attractive to visitors –
- Insert a cover photo that will enable visitors to relate to you and your brand. You must opt for a cover photo with a right focus, employ creativity so that it complements your profile picture and ensure that it is immediately followed by interesting content.
- Customize tabs pertaining to your page by visiting the admin panel and making appropriate choices. Through these tabs, you can highlight your product’s strengths and put forth your ethos, vision and mission statement.
- You can make use of the ‘pin’, ‘star’ or ‘hide’ tabs to manage your timeline. For example, anything that needs to be prioritized on the timeline can be pinned and can be further highlighted by adding a star to it. Likewise, a post that needs to be hidden can be concealed by using the ‘hide’ button.
- ‘Insights’ feature of Facebook is meant to enable you to keep track of all activities on your Facebook page, especially when it comes to checking the number of hits on your posts.
- How about interacting with visitors on your page? The fact that you respond to queries and comments will work in your favor because it would convince your customers of your authenticity and build confidence in your brand.
How To Create a Facebook Page Promotion
Visibility is a factor which is of utmost importance on the Internet owing to its vastness and unless you make efforts to promote your presence, chances are high that you will sink into oblivion without as much as a trace. This is where promotion tactics come into play and some of the ways by which you can promote your Facebook page are –
Create an email signature – The objective of creating an email signature is to cultivate a unique identity for yourself and your brand. Over a period of time, when you use this signature on every email or post, it would come to be treated as being synonymous with your business and act as your representative.
Connect the Facebook page to your personal page – All you need to do is mention the url of your Facebook page in your personal profile and request your friends to pay a visit. Likewise, mentioning the url of your personal Facebook account on the Facebook page will ensure that there is plenty of back and forth traffic, thus adding to the popularity of your page.
Embed a video – Given the impact that videos have been known to have on online visitors, creating one that explains your product in an interesting manner is a sure-shot way of capturing attention. If it is impressive enough, not only is there a rise in the probability of people signing up for membership but an increase in the possibility of conversion also.
Use Facebook features – As a social media platform, Facebook offers certain features meant for users to engage visitors and friends. Because these buttons are common across personal and commercial platforms, you can use them to promote your Facebook page and turn them to your advantage.
Features that could truly come in handy for promotion are –
- Apps – One of the biggest plus points about Facebook Apps is that it can be customized by users as per their requirement. This implies that you can transform it as per what you wish to convey to your customers and also use it to extract important information like address and contact number.
- Ads – Facebook provides its users with a social ad feature wherein an ad with a ‘Like’ button is displayed and is connected to your Facebook page. Everyone who clicks on the ‘Like’ button becomes a fan and as assurance, a list of fans that have recently joined is also provided.
- Share – ‘Sharing is caring’ and on Facebook it implies attracting traffic of friends by sharing anything interesting ranging from news items to quotes, comments and video. Clicking on the ‘Share+’ button is an effective way of ensuring that existing friends remain in the loop and new friends feel compelled to join.
- Suggest to Friends – Depending on your relationship, you can ‘suggest to friends’ to visit your Facebook page and leave feedback, comments and opinions for improvement.
- @ tag – Any post on Facebook that starts with the ‘@ tag’ followed by your Facebook page user name acts as a hyperlink that your friends can click on if they wish to access the post. Informing everyone of a latest update is best achieved by using the ‘@ tag’ button.
Widgets – Widgets are plug-ins that enhance the functionality of your Facebook page and by embedding them into your blog or website, you would serve to encourage people to click on ‘Like’ and become a fan of your page.
Comments – Dedicating an area on your Facebook page to comments by visitors will encourage activity which in turn could cause your page to go viral.
Endorse other Facebook pages – When you endorse your friend’s Facebook page, he/she will most likely reciprocate by endorsing your page. However, this courtesy should be limited to friends and must not be extended to competitors’ pages.
Tagging photos – Your Facebook page should serve as a viable platform for uploading pictures and tagging friends because it would lead to valuable exposure not to mention earn regular visitors.
How To Create a Facebook Page Content Management
An aspect pertaining to setting up of Facebook page which you should be prepared to accept is that it is not a one-time activity – in fact it is something that requires constant monitoring and moderation. So the onus is on you to make up your mind as regards who will manage the page. If you are able to spare some time every day, then it might as well be you or else handing over the task to another person or team is a good option. Of course, before you do entrust them with the responsibility, you must check their credentials to ensure that your Facebook page is in safe and professional hands.
With responsibility issue having been solved, the next step in managing entails knowing how to go about the task. Modus operandi in this regard entails working on the following aspects –
- Ensuring that your posts are short and sweet – What renders an Internet visitor truly unique is his short attention span, meaning he is bound to lose interest within a few minutes of having accessed your post and move on to other things. Since it is your objective to grab attention and entice a comment, you must bear this factor in mind while creating posts on your timeline. Ideally a cleverly worded and witty post which is about 100 characters in length is perfectly suited to serve this purpose.
- Encouraging two-way communication – Interacting with visitors on your Facebook page is one of the best ways of keeping them engaged and you can initiate this by asking questions and responding to replies. Likewise, queries posed by your visitors should be duly answered with as much accuracy and interest so that your audience is convinced of your presence and involvement.
- Determining the time of your posts – When is your target audience most likely to access the Internet? Depending on the demographics it could be early morning, late night or afternoons and having figured it out, you must capitalize on this information to post your content. Doing so would ensure that your posts will be read by majority of your audience and hence improve visibility.
- Meaningful content – It could be anything ranging from photographs, images and infographics to news items or insightful articles. Uploading it on the Facebook page would lead to sharing and this could keep your community engaged for several days on end.
- Pot-pourri – All your posts need not conform to your business, in fact diversity is welcome owing to the change it provides by breaking the monotony. As long as the posts make sense to your readers and are appreciated for their quality, a mixed recipe is indeed a good option to enjoy prolonged engagement.
How To Create a Facebook Page Conversion
Conversion is a factor that every online entrepreneur has to think of eventually because it determines the survival quotient of the business. Achieving a good conversion rate is something that every online business dreams of but reaching this stage takes plenty of planning and preparation. And what is most important to remember is that conversions do not happen overnight – it takes a slow, steady but unflinching dedication on a regular basis to make them happen. So what should you do if your Facebook page is yet to provide reasonably good conversion results?
To begin with, you need to have more than 500 visitors to your Facebook page in various capacities in order to expect results. Assuming that you have managed to gather fans/friends/subscribers to the tune of ranging between 500 and 1000, next it is time to ensure their loyalty so that at a later date these can be converted into customers. One of the simplest ways of accomplishing this entails offering incentives, coupons or discounts at regular intervals so that there is always to look forward to. If handled correctly, this could prove to a viable strategy in generating short-term results.
In case you are not privy to acquiring goodies for the sake of tempting customers, there are other methods which would provide you an edge over competitors and these are –
Using dynamic product ads – Creating a dynamic product ad is a process that takes some understanding of how to use readymade templates that are available on the Internet to your advantage. Having selected a template, you would need to –
- Upload your catalogue displaying all your products accompanied by details like model name, number, price and so on
- Fortify it by adding a customized audience pixel and tweak it to match the behavior of your audience
- Add the catalogue to the dynamic template and specify title, keywords and product names
- Use Power Editor to set up the template
- Decide whether you wish to show all your products or only a few categories at a time
- Make the ad go live on the Internet
If handled well with creativity and diligence, it could prove to be the most effective ecommerce strategy in terms of ROI, its biggest plus point being an attractive visual display that could persuade even the most hesitant customers to make a purchase.
Multiple product ads – Facebook renders it possible for you to display multiple products in the same ad and while this can be used as a part of campaign, it works well as a standalone feature too.
On your part, you can accrue several advantages from a multiple product ad like presenting alternative options in front of your customers and displaying the various benefits of your product. Chances of the viewer getting convinced are higher with a multiple ad approach and for you, this implies higher conversion.
Conversion tracking pixel – A code that is designed to track how visitors to your site behave, the conversion tracking pixel needs to be embedded into your Facebook page’s coding long before you flag off your marketing campaign. Doing so would cause Facebook to begin analyzing visitors to your site and compile data in the process. Once the process is put into motion, the responsibility of analyzing all the data gathered lies with Facebook and the nature of results generated will enable you to –
- Optimize your marketing campaign
- Cultivate a new set of audience that is similar in profile to your existing client base
- Track the path followed by visitors after having clicked on your ad
- Get an accurate estimate of your ROI
In the event of Facebook not having tracked the conversion data on your page, optimization would be difficult to achieve and hence it is wiser to wait for this data.
Viability of retargeting as a strategy – While indulging in online shopping, it is a common practice for shoppers to abandon their shopping carts midway and exit the site. So as the seller, should you just let them go and hope that would come back? Research has proven that left on their own, only 8% customers come back to complete their shopping and this is where retargeting comes in.
Going through a retargeting campaign via Power Editor will enable you to reach out to those who abandoned their shopping carts and persuade them through ads to complete their shopping. Even if half the customers are convinced enough to re-visit, your efforts will have reaped dividends.
Cultivate a lookalike audience base – The term ‘lookalike’ audience refers to customers who share similarities with your current client base in terms of demographic features, interested, behavior and so on. From this it is evident that they would probably share your customers’ likes and dislikes too, meaning there is a good chance they would be interested in your products.
Call upon Facebook to find lookalike audience and it is just a matter of time after the algorithm has generated results that there would be a substantial increase in your conversion rate.
Strengthen your existing client base – What could be a better way of acknowledging your loyal customers than to reward them and further strengthen the bond? Some of the ways of retaining existing client base entails posting regular updates, informing them of changes and offering discounts once in a while.
Narrate your brand’s story – You could create an infographic, a video or a sequence of ads to narrate how your brand evolved from a concept into a tangible commodity meant to be sold the world over. People love stories and one which is well depicted and well narrated is likely to attract audience with high probability of conversion.
Of course you must study other Facebook pages boasting of high rate of conversion and pick some tips from them too.
Your Facebook page is like a showcase wherein the world can see what you have to offer and judge whether or not the concept is worth a second look. Through a judicious mix of creativity, awareness and technical knowledge, you can transform into from a dull and non-performing page into a ticking and active platform wherein commerce and interaction go hand in hand.