People click more on images than on text.
Because we’re like that. Visual creatures.
By connecting your Google+ profile page to your website, Google will add your profile picture aside to your website search engine results, as the author of the sites’ articles, resulting in more clicks.
Here’s how you do it:
- Go you your Google+ account.
- Upload a real profile picture of yourself, its important. Google can tell.
- Navigate to Google+ Profile > About > Sites > Edit…
- Click on “Contributor to” and add a link to your website.
- Go to your website and place a link back to your Google+ profile. Make it site-wide.
You are now the official article writer for this website and your Google+ profile picture should be displayed next to the websites’ search results in a few weeks.